Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Last Will and Testament of Michael Ailstock b. 1725 d. 1791

 The Last Will and Testament of Michael  b. 1725 d. circa 1791


IN The NAME OF GOD AMEN, I Michael Ailstock of the county of Louisa and parish of Trinity being sick and weak but of sound mind and memory calling to mind the uncertainty of life, I think proper to make this my last will and testament as followeth, (Viz, I give my body to earth, to be enterred at the discretion of my associates heretofore mentioned to my sould (sic) I give to God in hopes of resurrection & C and as to such worldly goods as it pleased hath God to bless me with I give in manner as followeth, Item, I give my wife Rebecca Ailstock the bed and the furniture wherever I commonly lodged during her natural life and at her death I give and bequeath  the Bed and C to my grand daughter Rebecca at the time of my wife may marry again, Item. I give and bequeath my wearing clothes to my son Joseph Ailstock  I give my sons Michael and Absalom Ailstock and my Daughter Mary two pence of each of them and shilling sterling Money. Item. I give and bequeath to Daughter Elizabeth Ailstock one bed and furniture which she bought and paid for herself thou- why I mention this as to present disputes respecting this bed. Item. I give and bequeath  all the rest and residue of my estate of every kind to my wife Rebecca Ailstock during her natural life, and at her death to be equally divided by Daughters Susanna Ailstock and Elizabeth Ailstock and my grand daughter Rebecca Ailstock and lastly it is my will that my wife Rebecca Ailstock pay my Just Debts and burial expenses out of that part of my estate, I leave her and I appoint my wife Rebecca Ailstock executrix to this my Last Will. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 6th day September 1791. 


Michael 


1. Michael Ailstock, I believe is our 6th great grandfather.


2. Michael's wife is Rebecca 


3. Michael's children: Michael, Absalom, Susanna, Jospeh,  Mary and Elizabeth 


3. Michael's grand daughter Rebecca 


4. Michael was reportedly born 1725


5. All are gems in genealogy. 

No comments: